New Tech Notes Article - SP2 Speaker for the K2

New Tech Notes Article - SP2 Speaker for the K2

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Administrator
We have just uploaded a new Tech Notes article to the Elecraft web site
titled:
The SP2 External Speaker Project for your K2, By Dave White, VE6DRW

Thanks Dave!

73, Eric  WA6HHQ
http://www.elecraft.com

Re: New Tech Notes Article - SP2 Speaker for the K2

Vic K2VCO
Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft wrote:

> We have just uploaded a new Tech Notes article to the Elecraft web site
> titled:
> The SP2 External Speaker Project for your K2, By Dave White, VE6DRW

Very interesting and nice job, Dave.  My guess is that the cost of fabricating
the baffle, etc. made it too expensive?  I have thought about an EC2-cased
speaker that would have a top-firing 4" speaker and a front-firing 2" speaker
with a crossover network.  Since the high frequencies are much more directional,
this would avoid the need to have a baffle (although the speaker would have to
have clearance on top).

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco

Re: New Tech Notes Article - SP2 Speaker for the K2

Bill Steffey NY9H
i put two small elliptical speakers above the tuner, in front of the amp in
my  KA100/ KT100 EC2.....  i'll try to take a pix and post somewhere.,,,
i am using an amp section ( dual 6w  btl ) from a small motorola handsfree
speaker,,,
from which the speaker was also too big to use....and the ellip speakers
required amp-ping since they are nowhere as "sensitive" as the original
jameco speaker,

bill