New rig on the way

KC9EE
Getting back in hobby after 12 years qrt. Ordered the kx3 last night. Here we go!!!!!

I'll probably be asking for elmer volunteers, lol.

KC9EE
KC9EE

Re: New rig on the way

F5LCI
KC9EE wrote
Getting back in hobby after 12 years qrt. Ordered the kx3 last night. Here we go!!!!!

I'll probably be asking for elmer volunteers, lol.

KC9EE
Maybe you will need only a loupe.
...and some time to re(re)ad the manual several times. Then, the elmer will be yourself.

72 de FO/F5LCI (soon again, next summer)
on Hao atoll

Re: New rig on the way

KC9EE
I think your correct. I think I have the rig pretty well figured out and am really accustomed to menu driven systems so shouldn't be any big deal. The receiver numbers look very impressive so I'm really excited about that. Last rig was a TS940 and it looks like the kx3 has a better receiver than it did. I thought it was a good receiver.

kc9ee
KC9EE

Re: New rig on the way

F5LCI
I've had a TS940, a 950, a TR7, later decided to go QRP +/-portable, so I  got a K2, a KX1, and finally the KX3 : these are real little wonders.
The only thing I can't tell you is about crowded local conditions, for I have been using the KX3 in a particularly clean environment (grid BH91nv), and will do it again ;-)
For sure, you'll have a lot of fun.
Best 72'

"To nobody, except those who will take pleasure here" (Franz Schubert, 1797-1828)