News from Visalia! (:-))

dhhdeh
Can someone at Visalia confirm if the prototype KPA500 does or does not
have an on board antenna tuner?

As the prototypes KPA1500 and KPA800 did have plans for one, if the
KPA500 does not and it was left out to keep it in the same size box as
the K3, I for one will be very disappointed.

Hey Ken-K0PP you apparently saw it, gives us the scoop on the KPA500 tuner.

Thanks and 73 de N1LQ-Dave

Re: News from Visalia! (:-))

Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604
Does NOT!!!

You're disappointed.

73, doug

Re: News from Visalia! (:-))

ab2tc
Hi,

No tuner is fine me. Tuners belong at the far end of the coax, not in the shack. But is it really true that the power supply is linear? Sounds like a terrible waste of energy to me. Switchers *can* be made quiet these days. Switchers are also much more adaptible to various primary voltages.

On the topic of 120/220V, of course I have nothing against 220V which is a must in Europe, as long as it will run on 120V. I do not currently have 220V in the shack but could relatively easliy install it as the breaker panel is just next door.

AB2TC - AB2TC

Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 wrote
Does NOT!!!

You're disappointed.

73, doug

   Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 06:02:18 -0400
   From: David and Dianne on Comcast <dhhdeh@comcast.net>

   Can someone at Visalia confirm if the prototype KPA500 does or does not
   have an on board antenna tuner?

 <snip>

Re: News from Visalia! (:-))

Ed Muns, W0YK
> Can someone at Visalia confirm if the prototype KPA500 does
> or does not have an on board antenna tuner?

The initial product does not have an internal antenna tuner.  However, the
design team has a goal of supporting a wide range of SWR.  The final spec is
not yet available.

Ed - W0YK