Noise with KX1 and Powerwerx PS

Gio

Noise with KX1 and Powerwerx PS

Gio
Good Day Everyone,

After reading some of the discussions regarding power supplies, I've
recently bought a Powerwerx 30 amp switching power supply. I knew that this
was way more than I needed for present needs, but I didn't want to
under-buy and have to buy up later. Anyway, the unit supplies 4-5 watts
indicated by the ATU, and I have an SWR of 1.0 to about 1.9 using the
Elecraft rescommended antennas (This my only rig, and I use it from my
desk). Here's the problem: Independent of band or frequency selected, I get
a noise that sounds something like a small jet taking off or the whoosh
that the dishwasher makes on wash cycle--WWWUUUSSSHHHHHhhhhh.... (Well,
sort of like that.) The sound starts low and finishes high and then goes
away briefly and then recurs fairly regularly. The noise isn't there when I
use battery mode.

Am I doing something wrong here, or is this the nature of this type of
power supply?

Tnx es 73

John KK4BOB

--