NorCal SMK-1 free to good home (CONUS)

Steve Jackson-5
I don't know how, but some smoke was let out.  Unit is
in NJQRP PC board case.  Worked great a while back.
Has not been used in over a year.

Minor damage; but no time to fix.  Will send to clever
person for Priority Mail postage cost (~$5).  Have
schematic, and probably also the other documentation
if I can find it.

Steve KZ1X/4

You must subscribe to post.
Subscriber Info (Addr. Change, Unsub etc): http://mailman.qth.net/subscribers.htm
Elecraft page: http://www.elecraft.com

Re: NorCal SMK-1 free to good home (CONUS)

David Walker-8
How do I get the K2 into SCAN mode again!!!....

I have a mental block happening here.

> I don't know how, but some smoke was let out.  Unit is
> in NJQRP PC board case.  Worked great a while back.
> Has not been used in over a year.
>
> Minor damage; but no time to fix.  Will send to clever
> person for Priority Mail postage cost (~$5).  Have
> schematic, and probably also the other documentation
> if I can find it.
>
> Steve KZ1X/4

> You must subscribe to post.
> Subscriber Info (Addr. Change, Unsub etc):
http://mailman.qth.net/subscribers.htm
> Elecraft page: http://www.elecraft.com

You must subscribe to post.
Subscriber Info (Addr. Change, Unsub etc): http://mailman.qth.net/subscribers.htm
Elecraft page: http://www.elecraft.com

Re: how to K2 scan

wayne burdick
Administrator
Hi David,

Store A & B VFOs (start/end frequencies) in a memory (0-9) using STO.
You can start scan by cointinuing to hold STO until you see "SCAN" on
the LCD, or RCL the memory at anytime and hold until you see "SCAN".
You'll also probably want to assign either PF1 or PF2 as scan resume.

If you have the latest K2 firmware (2.04), you have an additional
scanning option: hold STO or RCL longer, until you see "SCAN" and then
"AF ON". This turns on non-muted or "live" scanning, which doesn't
stop. Use 10 Hz tuning in this case. It's useful for scanning a band
looking for very weak signals that would not stop the normal scan
routine.

Finally, the latest firmware also handles channelized scanning. This is
especially useful for the 5 channels authorized on 60 meters.

Have fun--

Wayne
N6KR

http://www.elecraft.com