OT: FCC Amateur Radio Database question

Tom Hall-5
John,

I downloaded one of the daily files just to test(it was small).

After un-zipping them:

Rename EN.dat to EN.txt

Make a new empty DB in Access

Go to File/Get External Data/Import

(select "text files")

Load EN.txt

Click the "Delimited" button

Click "Advanced"

Change the Field Delimiter to "|" (shift backslash)

Ok

Finish

Mind you, I just did this out of curiosity. It should be enough to give you
a start.

Tom AK2B

John wrote

I have downloaded the FCC's Amateur Radio Database.  It came down as 1 ZIP'd

file and expanded into 9 dat files.  I would like to put it on a CD and use

ACCESS to search it but I need some info about the files and how they are

structured.  I used FTP and searched around on the FCC's drive but I wasn't

able to come up with any description of the database.  So I guess I am

asking if anyone has any info on how the database is laid out, how it is

delimited, how long the fields are, what info is in each of the files, and

stuff like that.  Can anyone help?

--

John   K7SVV