OT: FS Pristine, low mileage Tek 2465b 400 Mhz 4 ch scope

OT: FS Pristine, low mileage Tek 2465b 400 Mhz 4 ch scope

Howard Ashcraft-2
I have a late model (B054347) Tektronix 2465b 400 Mhz scope.  It has had
very little use, with total hours of 4632 and on/off cycles of 511.  This is
very low for a 2465b.  I have seen units with over 20,000 hours.  It is in
excellent condition cosmetically, the rubber feet on the back of the case
look like they just came out of the injection molder.  Everything works
perfectly and the display is crisp and strong.  Even at the fastest sweeps,
it produces a nice, strong trace.  It was last calibrated in March 20, 2007
and compares accurately with my DSA602a.  It comes with the probe pouch on
top, a hard copy users manual in good condition, and a crt shade.  I have
posted photographs at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hwashcraft/sets/72157622836393306/.  These show
a 5MHz 1 v pp square wave, usage, and the screen that shows that all
internal self-tests pass.

The 2465b is considered by many to be the best desktop/portable analog scope
ever made.  Late model 2465b s have one issue.  Tektronix moved to using
surface mounted components on the A5 board near the end of 2465b production
(basically a very good idea), but the early smd electrolytic capacitors had
a tendency to leak.  The electrolyte could damage traces and the pc board,
itself.  I checked the A5 board on this unit and found that one of the caps
was starting to leak (but before any damage to the traces and the pc board)
and I have cleaned the board and replaced the electrolytic caps with new
panasonic fk series units.  So, you don't have to do this or worry about it.

If you are looking for a 2465b, this is about as nice a unit as you will
find.

Price is $795 plus shipping in the contintental us of $40 (pick up in
Alameda, CA is ok, too).

I also have 2 p6137 probes with ground clips. These are also very lightly
used and if you purchase the scope, can be purchased for an additonal
$65/each.  They are not for sale without the oscilloscope.

73,

Howard W1WF