OT: Free to a Good Home- Teletype Manuals

OT: Free to a Good Home- Teletype Manuals

Fred Townsend
These are mostly depot level Teletype and Facsimile WWII and Korean War era
originals. A sampling:

1.       Technical Manual Model 35 ASR

2.       Teletype Parts List (Includes schematics) circa 1942

3.       Teletype High Speed Punch Set circa 1965

4.       Teletype TD TT-187/UG circa 1963

5.       Signal Data Recorder RD-231 circa 1965

Please contact offline. Arrange to pick-up or FOB San Jose, CA. I will ship
USPS library rate if you send the stamps.

Fred, AE6QL

(K3) RX bandpass - shift/width vs low cut/high cut

Dave wo2x
Hi All,

I like to run around 3.2 wide rx when band conditions permit. I noticed I
can get much more low frequency response when using the shift/width controls
vs low & high cut.

With Low & High cut seems even with low at 0 the low frequency starts around
100 to 150 Hz. I haven't pulled out the test equipment to verify but can
definitely tell by ear it is nowhere near zero Hz.

Using Shift/width and setting shift to 1.45 and width to 3.2 I can get very
nice lows & highs. Tested with 13 Khz, 6 kHz and 2.8 kHz filters (yes I know
the 2.8 would restrict the dsp bandwidth even further).

Can this be something in IF filter alignment? Using the following filters,
13 Khz, 6 kHz, 2.8 kHz, 400 Hz.
All filters set to zero Hz in config.

Thanks
Dave