OT - HRD link to http://www.dxsummit.fi/DxSpots.aspx

Tom Hammond-2
Trying to get HRD (v5 build 2356 beta) to connect to:

   http://www.dxsummit.fi/DxSpots.aspx

but I can't find the correct port address to us for the link.

Does anyone have a known good link and port) address?

Also seem to be missing several features (country name and bearing) in
this version of HRD, but I'm assuming that this may be because I'm
using a beta release.  Not sure though.

I'd have asked on the HRD forum, but I've never been successful in ANY(!)
of my numerous attempts to join the group.

Thanks,

Tom  N0SS

Re: OT - HRD link to http://www.dxsummit.fi/DxSpots.aspx

Jens Petersen-2
On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 15:14:37 -0600, you wrote:

>Trying to get HRD (v5 build 2356 beta) to connect to:
>
>   http://www.dxsummit.fi/DxSpots.aspx
>
>but I can't find the correct port address to us for the link.
>
>Does anyone have a known good link and port) address?

I just use one of the local BBS'es (OZ5BBS-7) works fine.

>Also seem to be missing several features (country name and bearing) in
>this version of HRD, but I'm assuming that this may be because I'm
>using a beta release.  Not sure though.

  Go to 'Options/Layout' and select what you want to see.
  Remember to set your locator in 'Your Information'.
--
OV1A Jens

 Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from making bad ones

Re: OT - HRD link to http://www.dxsummit.fi/DxSpots.aspx

Sverre Holm (LA3ZA)

Jens Petersen-2 wrote

>Trying to get HRD (v5 build 2356 beta) to connect to:
>
>   http://www.dxsummit.fi/DxSpots.aspx

I just use one of the local BBS'es (OZ5BBS-7) works fine.
I have also given up connecting to dxsummit.fi with HRD, but I miss the filter there for 'CW only' spots, which I haven't found anywhere else.

Sverre
LA3ZA
Sverre, LA3ZA

K2 #2198, K3 #3391,
LA3ZA Blog: http://la3za.blogspot.com,
LA3ZA Unofficial Guide to K2 modifications: http://la3za.blogspot.com/p/la3za-unofficial-guide-to-elecraft-k2.html

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 14:32:38 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

>I have also given up connecting to dxsummit.fi with HRD, but I miss the
>filter there for 'CW only' spots, which I haven't found anywhere else.

See the screendump: www.ov1a.dk/images/HRD_Cluster.jpg

Choose a Node form the list and press 'Connect' and it should work.