[OT] KAT500 Question

Corboy - Poteet

I don't plan to buy the KPA500 but could use a serious remote antenna tuner thus my interest in the KAT500.

This question is directed to Eric, Wayne or one of the Elecraft design guys: will the remote KAT500 be usable with a barefoot K3?  If so, can you briefly describe how the KAT500 will be controlled/monitored  (I expect 150 feet is a bit outside the range of a serial bus)?

I also wonder if there might be plans to provide a low power KAT500 (say a KAT100)?  Or do the various cost factors make the low power version not significantly cheaper?

Mike   W5FTD