OT: Kenwood's new rig?

Dave KK7SS
Just for the heck of it, I counted them...

TS-990S:
16 rotary controls, 12 of which are dual concentric.
105 'hard' buttons, of which at least 18 are dual function
14 LCD touch screen controls.
2 LCD displays.

KX3:
5 rotary controls, 4 of which are multi-function.
20 'hard' buttons, all are at least dual function.
1 LCD Display.

I've "almost" learnt what all the KX3 controls can do.
And that's only taken me 3 days, using a 1 page 'Cheat Sheet'

I can't imagine the TS-990S User Manuals' size!

Dave G.  KK7SS ..... A Happy KX3 owner :-)
DN06ij    Richland, WA
KX3 #0097

   "I am not old, just chronologically gifted"

Vedr: OT: Kenwood's new rig?

LA8OKA
You need to count in the P3 Panadapter as well, that will rise the numbers of buttons on the K3. Not by much, but it will, and this is the only fair way to compare the TS-990 and the K3, because the TS-990 has the P3 functionality built in.

But why are we discussing a Kenwood rig on the Elecraft list??

The TS-990 has at least dedicated 2 lists , so I don't see any reason to discuss the TS-990 on an Elecraft list.

Martin Storli
LA8OKA
Oslo, Norway

ARCTICPEAK's Radio pages!