OT - Looking for the site with the SOUNDS of various digital comms...

OT - Looking for the site with the SOUNDS of various digital comms...

Tom Hammond-2
A while back, maybe a year or so ago, someone had found a site which offered
audio snippets from various forms of digital communications (PSK31, PACKET,
MFSK, SLOW SCAN, etc.).  There are several digital 'sounds' I'm hearing
regularly, but I can't tell what they are because I have no frame of
reference
for some of the newer modes.

Can anyone provide the link to that web site?

Thanks,

73,

Tom Hammond   N0SS

Re: OT - Looking for the site with the SOUNDS of various digital comms...

Bob-270
Here are a few to try:

http://www.dxzone.com/catalog/Internet_and_Radio/Sounds/

73,
Bob
K2TK

Tom Hammond wrote:

> A while back, maybe a year or so ago, someone had found a site which offered
> audio snippets from various forms of digital communications (PSK31, PACKET,
> MFSK, SLOW SCAN, etc.).  There are several digital 'sounds' I'm hearing
> regularly, but I can't tell what they are because I have no frame of
> reference
> for some of the newer modes.
>
> Can anyone provide the link to that web site?
>
> Thanks,
>
> 73,
>
> Tom Hammond   N0SS

Re: OT - Looking for the site with the SOUNDS of various digital comms...

N5NA
Maybe this one.

http://www.kb9ukd.com/digital/

73,

Alan  N5NA

Tom Hammond wrote:

> A while back, maybe a year or so ago, someone had found a site which offered
> audio snippets from various forms of digital communications (PSK31, PACKET,
> MFSK, SLOW SCAN, etc.).  There are several digital 'sounds' I'm hearing
> regularly, but I can't tell what they are because I have no frame of
> reference
> for some of the newer modes.
>
> Can anyone provide the link to that web site?
>
> Thanks,
>
> 73,
>
> Tom Hammond   N0SS

Re: OT - Looking for the site with the SOUNDS of various digital comms...

Joe Planisky
The FLdigi site has a nice set of waterfall displays and soundclips.

http://www.w1hkj.com/FldigiHelp/Modes/index.htm

Joe KB8AP

On Nov 5, 2009, at 9:14 AM, Tom Hammond wrote:

> A while back, maybe a year or so ago, someone had found a site which
> offered
> audio snippets from various forms of digital communications (PSK31,
> PACKET,
> MFSK, SLOW SCAN, etc.).  There are several digital 'sounds' I'm
> hearing
> regularly, but I can't tell what they are because I have no frame of
> reference
> for some of the newer modes.
>
> Can anyone provide the link to that web site?
>
> Thanks,
>
> 73,
>
> Tom Hammond   N0SS

Re: OT - Looking for the site with the SOUNDS of various digital comms...

Kok Chen
On Nov 5, 2009, at 11/5    9:28 AM, Alan Sewell N5NA wrote:

> Maybe this one.
>
> http://www.kb9ukd.com/digital/
>
> Tom Hammond wrote:
>> ...There are several digital 'sounds' I'm hearing
>> regularly, but I can't tell what they are because I have no frame of
>> reference for some of the newer modes.

Another good way to hear what different modes sound like is to take
your favorite sound card based digital mode program, direct the output
of the program to the computer speakers instead of to the sound card
that is connected to the rig (turn the rig off so there is no PTT
action, just in case). And then select a mode and "transmit" away.
You should hear what a particular mode sounds like on your speakers.

You can even use two computers to talk through an audio path --
speakers of one computer to microphone of second computer -- and makes
a convenient way of demonstrating digital modes to a ham club if you
have two laptops that are equipped with built in microphones. (But be
aware of multipath that because of the the low speed of sound in a
small room, the duration of the multipaths off the walls of the room
are about the same as the baud rate of transmission).  This is
basically Einstein's model of telegraphy, but without the "cat." :-)

73
Chen, W7AY

Re: OT - Looking for the site with the SOUNDS of various digital comms...

Steve Harvey-2
Try  http://www.kb9ukd.com/digital/

73 de nn0b,
--Steve