[OT][MM]: Announcement of Test Bench Mini-Module Enclosures now available

[OT][MM]: Announcement of Test Bench Mini-Module Enclosures now available

Dave Van Wallaghen
I've been under the weather the last couple of days, so I decided that
while I was laying around on the couch, I may as well do something
productive like finally update my website ;-) So here is the formal
announcement of my "Test Bench" line of mini-module enclosures. I've
been making them for the last couple of years and selling them by word
of mouth (keyboard). Here is a link to the Test Bench Enclosure page on
my site: http://w8fgu.home.comcast.net/~w8fgu/tbencl.html

These enclosures were designed through the suggestions of Don Wilhelm,
W3FPR, who wanted the ability to stack the modules, in their enclosures,
on top of each other when stowed away to save on bench top footprint and
provide better organization for finding them again ;-) I made the
dimensions of these enclosures all the same for that purpose. I
dimensioned them for the module with the largest width (CP1) and longest
length (BL2). The exception was the AT1 enclosure which is the same
width, but slightly longer to accommodate PCB length (it serves as a
nice base for the others).

All connectors (BNC, power, RCA etc.) have been externalized for easy
access and a sliding top provided to access any other controls on the
PCB for each module. The top slides in a track at the top of the
enclosure and is held in place by a magnetic strip. An optional power
switch may also be provided for modules that have a power switch. This
upgrade provides the switch, installed on the enclosure, with a pair of
hookup wires pre-soldered to the switch for later attachment to the PCB
power switch.

The "Test Bench" line consists of enclosures for the following Elecraft
mini-Modules:*
*- 2T-gen 2-Tone Test Oscillator
- AT1 41 dB HF/VHF Switched Attenuator
- BL2  Wideband 1:1 & 4:1 (Switchable) 250W Balun
- CP1 Directional Coupler
- DL1 Wideband 20W Dummy Load
- N-gen Wideband Noise Generator
- XG2 Three Band Receiver Test Oscillator / S-Meter Calibrator

I will continue to provide the initial design of enclosures for the BL2
and DL1 as they are more "field use" friendly. All of these enclosures
are made from polycarbonate sheet which is quite strong and should hold
up to the rigors of bouncing around and occasional dropping.

Feel free to contact me off list for any other questions, comments or
concerns.

Thanks for the bandwidth!

73,
Dave W8FGU