OT - Morse Code Re-invented For The Smartphone

OT - Morse Code Re-invented For The Smartphone

Mike Morrow-3
Fellow Morse fans,

I missed this short video announcement from gmail:

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KhZKNZO8mQ

This came out in **very early April**. :-)

73,
Mike / KK5F

Re: OT - Morse Code Re-invented For The Smartphone

k6dgw
On 5/21/2012 10:48 AM, Mike Morrow wrote:
> Fellow Morse fans,
>
> I missed this short video announcement from gmail:
>
>    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KhZKNZO8mQ
>
> This came out in **very early April**. :-)

Don't know about Gmail Tap, but I have a Morse Code Keyboard and a Code
reader on my Sprint Android, as well as a PSK transceiver.  And when
someone calls me it sends either their name [if they're in my phonebook]
or the number at 25 WPM.  Interesting to be in line somewhere when that
happens.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2012 Cal QSO Party 6-7 Oct 2012
- www.cqp.org

Re: OT - Morse Code Re-invented For The Smartphone

Barry
IIRC, that was an April Fool's joke from Google.

However, I have a bunch of ringtones saved with the caller's name at 60 WPM in my dumbphone.

Barry W2UP