OT: Nova "Secrets of the Sun"

WB4SON
Off Topic I know, but this is too good not to share with my fellow
Elecrafters as we head toward the peak of Solar Cycle 24.  This PBS/Nova
Special, "Secrets of the Sun" has a great explanation of the workings of
our sun, with great images provided by the new Solar Dynamics Observatory
that launched two years ago.  As a ham I found this to be a fascinating
explanation of what is going on with our closest star and it was being
filmed during last year's February solar event.  You can watch this by
clicking on the link below, or check your local PBS station for show times
-- it is outstanding in HD.  (And if you really like it, the Blu-ray and
DVDs are on sale.)

http://video.pbs.org/video/2226474716

My thanks to K1SEA for sharing this with me originally.

73, Bob, WB4SON

73, Bob, WB4SON

Re: OT: Nova "Secrets of the Sun"

Stephen G4SJP
Arghh, not available in Europe!  Rights restrictions...  Would have been
ideal for one of my physics classes tomorrow.

73 Stephen G4SJP

On 3 May 2012 20:24, Bob <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Off Topic I know, but this is too good not to share with my fellow
> Elecrafters as we head toward the peak of Solar Cycle 24.  This PBS/Nova
> Special, "Secrets of the Sun" has a great explanation of the workings of
> our sun, with great images provided by the new Solar Dynamics Observatory
> that launched two years ago.  As a ham I found this to be a fascinating
> explanation of what is going on with our closest star and it was being
> filmed during last year's February solar event.  You can watch this by
> clicking on the link below, or check your local PBS station for show times
> -- it is outstanding in HD.  (And if you really like it, the Blu-ray and
> DVDs are on sale.)
>
> http://video.pbs.org/video/2226474716
>
> My thanks to K1SEA for sharing this with me originally.
>
> 73, Bob, WB4SON

Re: OT: Nova "Secrets of the Sun"

Randy Hall
The show is also on Youtube. I just downloaded it using KeepVid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPyY2VHy9Bo

Randy
K7AGE