OT: Power ground related

Ken Kopp-3
BlankWoke up in wee hours and realized I'd described my
station's ground system incorrectly.  I -do-have 13
8' ground rods around the two-acre lot.  There are four
towers and each has a ground rod.  All the rods, the
fences, house heat ducts, etc. are all connected together
with #8 or #6 CU.  There are 120 full-size radials under
the 160M tower.  All this adds up to a pretty good RF
counterpoise -and- electrical ground system.

More importantly, the house AC entrance ground rod
--is-- connected to the above system.  I was focused on
the station ground/counterpoise and didn't intend to say
it wasn't connected to the power entrance grounding.

A poster made reference to ground strap inside a concrete
tower base.  This should not be done, because a "big" hit
that goes to ground through the concrete is likely to crack
or even explode the base.

73! Ken Kopp - K0PP
     [hidden email]

Ken Kopp - K0PP