OT - formatting of postings

Bill Clarke
Some postings appear in a format that is quite easy to read -
specifically, they are formatted to fit the screen they are being read
on. Yet, a few postings appear as a single very long lines that must be
scrolled from left to right for complete reading.

Is this something I have forgotten to adjust on my end?

Thanks,

Bill W2BLC

--
IN GOD I TRUST (but, NOT a single politician)

Re: OT - formatting of postings

Jim N7US
My mail program, Outlook, automatically removes extra line breaks in plain
text messages and wraps text to fit the window.

73, Jim N7US

Some postings appear in a format that is quite easy to read - specifically,
they are formatted to fit the screen they are being read on. Yet, a few
postings appear as a single very long lines that must be scrolled from left
to right for complete reading.

Is this something I have forgotten to adjust on my end?

Thanks,

Bill W2BLC

Re: OT - formatting of postings

Bill Clarke
Guess I should have been more precise - - - I only read online and not
as emails.

Thanks,

Bill W2BLC
--
IN GOD I TRUST (but, NOT a single politician)

Re: OT - formatting of postings

Holger Schurig-2
I read online as well, via Google's Mail web interface. For me, all looks nice.

I think this is an issue of poor online viewers, because most e-mail
clients that I know (e.g. Pegasus Mail, Thunderbird, KMail, mutt) know
how to wrap mails with long lines. Either automatically or on-demand.