Off Topic But I Couldn't Resist

Mike Walkington-3
Hi John,

It may seem strange to get some advice from a VK1 re the Bitterroot Valley!
I lived in Seattle from 2000 to 2003. In 2000 I read a newspaper article re
the re-introduction of Grizzly Bears to the Bitterroot. This sparked my
imagination because it implied that the area would probably be remote and
beautiful.  I reorganized our family's August 2000 summer holiday, a 21 day
drive from Seattle to Mesa Verde and return through some of the most
fantastic (my opinion) country in the USA to include time traveling through
the Bitterroot.  Sadly when we arrived the whole area was suffering from
serious wildfires (what we in Australia call bushfires) and I wasn't
prepared to stay in the cabin we had booked with my young children.  Also it
seemed morally corrupt that we would consider holidaying in an area where
the majority of the locals were fighting for their survival. What we did see
confirmed my opinion that the area was remote, wild and beautiful.  I hope
you decide to give it a go but I recommend that you join a local bush fire
brigade and help them with their communications.

Best wishes

Mike
VK1KCK
K2 #2599

Message: 25
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 14:22:39 -0800
From: "John, KI6WX" <[hidden email]>
Subject: [Elecraft] Question on Moving to Montana
To: <[hidden email]>

I'm considering moving to the Bitterroot Valley south of Missoula, Montana.
Is there anyone on this list who lives in that area who could provide me
more information on living there?  Please reply directly to me since this
email is grossly off topic.
-John
 KI6WX