Off list responses

Locked 22 messages Options

Re: Off list responses

Kevin Cozens-2
On 12-05-02 07:28 AM, Bill wrote:
> Yesterday I posed a question and received eight (8) email responses. I
> note that only one response was on the list. Is this the norm? I thought

unless the original message requested private reply or for some off-topic
discussions.

With Thunderbird (the program I'm using) and the way the list is now
configured, hitting Reply to a message sends the reply only to the
originator of a message. I have to hit Reply To List to have the reply go
back to the mailing list.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/           |"Nerds make the shiny things that distract
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172      | the mouth-breathers, and that's why we're
                                 | powerful!"
#include <disclaimer/favourite> |             --Chris Hardwick

Re: Off list responses

Phil Kane-2
On 5/3/2012 1:43 PM, Kevin Cozens wrote:

> With Thunderbird (the program I'm using) and the way the list is
> now configured, hitting Reply to a message sends the reply only
> to the originator of a message. I have to hit Reply To List to
> have the reply go back to the mailing list.

  As contrasted to all the other lists/groups/forums that I read
  and reply to (a dozen or more), where hitting "Reply" in T-Bird
  sends it to the list/group/forum rather than to the individual.
  It gets frustrating, and contributes to my not posting as much
  as I want/should in this reflector because I start a reply,
  notice the undesired To: entry, and just dump it.   'Nuff said.

--  73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
    Elecraft K2/100   s/n 5402