Openness on the reflector

Bill Clarke
I enjoy my K3 very much, but I am not overly impressed with the level of
"user" support offered via the forums/groups/reflectors.

To me, it is very irritating the amount of private reporting/discussion
that goes on regarding the Elecraft products. It should ALL be out in
the open with nothing hidden. That way, we all get to learn at the same
time and do not have to reinvent the wheel as problems arise.

This is not a Cool-Aide drinking society - there is nothing to protect
or hide. The manufacturers and third party providers all must have very
thick skin and try to work with problems incurred. Users should endeavor
to get the word out when there are problems.  With all involved, it
assures that problems will be well vetted and quickly corrected.

The K3 niche is small on the great scale of ham radio. Hence, it is good
to work together - not behind closed doors.
Perhaps the forums/groups/reflectors should endeavor to work as well as
the Elecraft factory support.

Thanks,

Bill W2BLC

Re: Openness on the reflector

w1pns
Bill,

Are you sure that the private discussion and reporting is taking place because the initiator intended it that way, or because he/she forgot to use reply-all in replying to an initial post. This is one of several email list to which I subscribe that sends only to the original sender when I use the reply button on my email client. If I use reply-all, my response goes both to the original sender as well as to the list.

I apologize if you've already taken this into account, but if not, it may explain why some of the exchanges may seem private...

With best regards,

Pete
W1PNS