Operating note regarding the K4's "Noise Pulse Rejection" feature

Operating note regarding the K4's "Noise Pulse Rejection" feature

wayne burdick
Administrator
Thanks to some timely input from NC0B, we found an issue with the present implementation the K4's noise pulse rejection mechanism. When it's set to ON, it may induce gain and S-meter variations under certain noise conditions. (Otherwise, it does an excellent job of suppression large impulses due to appliance power switching, etc. In fact we call it the "Sherwood Pulse Detector" here at Elecraft Hq, because the original idea came from Rob.)

For now I'd recommend setting it to OFF. We're working on a solution.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

Message delivered to [hidden email]