Operator error?

greenacres113-2

Since I got the KPA this has happened three times. I get so used to
being almost instant go I may be too fast.
K3 on & I see a DX spot. I hit the on switch on the KPA. I push the  K3
RIT  on in case I want to use it. With in 2 or 3 seconds I hit the
operate button on the KPA & send a Dit. KPA red lights. I punch the KPA
to standby & take a breath. I go to operate on the KPA  & all is normal.
If I don't punch on RIT this hasn't occured. Am I just too fast & the K3
is getting too many commands at once. There's no  damage just a wake up
call to the operator. All this happens in just 3  or 4 seconds.
Operator error?

K9IL

Re: Operator error?

Bob Wolbert, K6XX
This probably has nothing to do with using RIT.

The K3 takes a few seconds to recognize that the amp is on line and then respond by switching to the KPA500 power table.

Give the K3 slightly more time. Either swap the amp-On/RIT ON operations by enabling the amp first, use the amp's automatic ON>OPER mode, set your K3 per band power setting lower, or wait another second or so before sending the first dit.

73 de  Bob, K6XX

r miles <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Since I got the KPA this has happened three times. I get so used to
>being almost instant go I may be too fast.
>K3 on & I see a DX spot. I hit the on switch on the KPA. I push the  K3
>RIT  on in case I want to use it. With in 2 or 3 seconds I hit the
>operate button on the KPA & send a Dit. KPA red lights. I punch the KPA
>to standby & take a breath. I go to operate on the KPA  & all is normal.
>If I don't punch on RIT this hasn't occured. Am I just too fast & the K3
>is getting too many commands at once. There's no  damage just a wake up
>call to the operator. All this happens in just 3  or 4 seconds.
>Operator error?
>
>K9IL
>Post: mailto:[hidden email]

Re: Operator error?

N5GE

Leave the amp on if your watching for DX, it won't hurt it...

73,
Tom
Amateur Radio Operator N5GE
ARRL Lifetime Member
QCWA Lifetime Member

"Only a white man would believe he could cut the top
off of a blanket, sew it to the bottom and have a longer
blanket."

-- Old Indian comment about Daylight Saving Time

[snip]