Order your KX1 now

Bryan-47
Hi All,

Don't want to alarm you all, but I think we should be prepared. According to www.spaceweather.com  there is a 320M wide asteroid heading our way on April 13, 2029, passing 30,000 km above the earth (closer than the geostationary satellites).

Should we all equip ourselves with emergency communication facilities like the KX1 ?

73  Bryan  G3AKF (to be GM3AKF after April 7, 2005)

Re: Order your KX1 now

Tony Wells
Bryan,
<snip>Should we all equip ourselves with emergency communication facilities
like the KX1 ?</snip?

Perhaps we can try out some EAE (Earth-Asteroid-Earth) activity when it gets
close. The first one to duck loses all multiplier points.

hehe

Tony
G7IGG

Re: Order your KX1 now

Bob Nielsen
On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 10:51:08AM -0000, Bryan wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Don't want to alarm you all, but I think we should be prepared.
> According to www.spaceweather.com there is a 320M wide asteroid
> heading our way on April 13, 2029, passing 30,000 km above the earth
> (closer than the geostationary satellites).
>
> Should we all equip ourselves with emergency communication facilities
> like the KX1 ?
>
> 73  Bryan  G3AKF (to be GM3AKF after April 7, 2005)

Is Scotland farther from the asteroid?  :^)

Who will be the first to bounce a signal off it?

73, Bob N7XY

Re: Order your KX1 now

Pierre Desjardins
BTW There is an asteroid called KX1 (1986).  It is currently in Aquila at
about 615 millions km from other KX1s...

73 de Pierre

Re: Order your KX1 now

Philip L Carter
Does that mean that a worked all kx1's award is going to be a bit tough
for a while?  I like the idea of astoroid bounce. Wonder what mode will be
"in" that year (2029).

NRE/COLE Test Center OH-3
pcarter<at>gcfn.org or wd8qwr<at>arrl.net
Philip L. Carter, WD8QWR
wd8qwr@w8cqk.#cmh.oh.usa.na