P3 1.34/SVGA 1.21 BETA Firmware available

P3 1.34/SVGA 1.21 BETA Firmware available

Paul Saffren N6HZ
New BETA firmware for the P3/SVGA is available for download from: P3/SVGA BETA FIRMWARE

Release notes:

MCU 01.34 / 1-8-2015

* Added support for the SVGA noise blanker.
* Fixed a bug that occasionally caused a hesitation in resuming the display updates when the K3 stops  transmitting.
* Improved reliability of K3 commands received via RS-232.
   Eliminates firmware load error with older Mac versions of K3 Utility, and reduces flash file load time in all cases.

P3SVGA 01.21 / 1-5-2015
* Added Noise Blanker.
* Developed a faster method of detecting K3 transmit/receive state changes. Speeds up display resuming after Tx.
* Added data terminal ‘send on space’ to the available data TX modes.
* Added replay of keyboard input using Ctrl-Alt-R. Ctrl-C will clear replay buffer.
* Added ‘\r’ to embed a CR in text message. Use ‘\\’ to send a single ‘\’.
* Added ‘\c’ to embed an incrementing serial counter in a text message. Clearing/presetting counter may be done in the setup screen (Ctrl-Alt-S).
* Text messages sent in data terminal mode now respect the mode setting (VOX, CR, ^T).
* Fixed a bug in data terminal mode that was causing the time-out to not reset correctly.
* Fixed a bug in data terminal mode that was causing non-existent characters to be retrieved and sent. Also fixes a bug of missing characters.
* Added waterfall cursors, these display exactly as they do on the P3 screen.

73,

Paul

Re: P3 1.34/SVGA 1.21 BETA Firmware available

Richard Fjeld
Paul,

Glad to see this. I look forward to trying it as soon as I can do it.
Glad to see the fix for missing characters. If replay of keyboard input
is what I think it is,
that will be greatly appreciated. It is often needed.

Thanks for all,
Dick, n0ce

On 1/14/2015 7:01 PM, Paul Saffren N6HZ wrote:
> New BETA firmware for the P3/SVGA is available for download from:  P3/SVGA
> BETA FIRMWARE <ftp://ftp.elecraft.com/P3/firmware/beta/>
>
> Release notes:

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: P3 1.34/SVGA 1.21 BETA Firmware available

mike
'Problem loading page' browser message. I cant get to it. 73 ..mike  AI6II

Re: P3 1.34/SVGA 1.21 BETA Firmware available

Grant Youngman
You might try again.  Seems to be working fine …

Grant NQ5T

> On Aug 21, 2015, at 3:21 PM, mike <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> 'Problem loading page' browser message. I cant get to it. 73 ..mike  AI6II

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: P3 1.34/SVGA 1.21 BETA Firmware available

Chester Alderman
And you should make sure you get the correct beta firmware because it is   'P3/SVGA Beta 1.54/1.25 now available' and not what is in the heading of your email.

Tom - W4BQF

Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html Message delivered to [hidden email]

Thanks for all the suggestion on and off list. It is not an issue of not know which file or where to find it, rather I am not able to get to the Elecraft ftp site. Clearly the problem is on my end of it. Only recent change here is upgrading to Windows 10. I will have to look closer as to why my browser now has a problem with FTP. Thanks es 73  ..mike  AI6II

Re: P3 1.34/SVGA 1.21 BETA Firmware available

mike
Turns out it was my Xfinity hardware firewall. Didn't know it had changed. All is good now. ;>)  ..mike  AI6II