P3 Another New Firmware & Utility Program Problem?

P3 Another New Firmware & Utility Program Problem?

Ray G3XLG
Hi

Today, I installed the new P3 Utility program 1.12.3.11 & the new Firmware 01.11 in readyness for my P3SVGA and now find that if the P3 is on, the K3 no longer communicates its frequency etc with my Microham MicrokeyerII software or with N1MM contest software.

Switching off the P3 immediately brings normal frequency etc communication with the two programs on my laptop ie. the router for the MKII & N1MM.

Before uploading the new Firmware & Utility program it all worked fine together.

Does anyone else have a similar problem? Is there a software glitch in the new Firmware?

Ray, G3XLG
Ray G3XLG

Re: P3 Another New Firmware & Utility Program Problem?

Joe Subich, W4TV-4

 > Does anyone else have a similar problem? Is there a software glitch
 > in the new Firmware?

Make sure the P3 is still set for 38,400 bps.  There are two new speeds
in the P3 protocol and microHAM Router (as well as most applications)
can not handle the speed change between 57600/11500 when the P3 is on
and 38400 when the P3 is off.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

On 3/13/2012 2:21 PM, Ray G3XLG wrote:

> Hi
>
> Today, I installed the new P3 Utility program 1.12.3.11&  the new Firmware
> 01.11 in readyness for my P3SVGA and now find that if the P3 is on, the K3
> no longer communicates its frequency etc with my Microham MicrokeyerII
> software or with N1MM contest software.
>
> Switching off the P3 immediately brings normal frequency etc communication
> with the two programs on my laptop ie. the router for the MKII&  N1MM.
>
> Before uploading the new Firmware&  Utility program it all worked fine
> together.
>
> Does anyone else have a similar problem? Is there a software glitch in the
> new Firmware?
>
> Ray, G3XLG
>
> -----
> Ray G3XLG

Re: P3 Another New Firmware & Utility Program Problem?

Ray G3XLG
Spot on Joe, thank you.
The new software had somehow changed the P3 RS232 baud rate, putting it back to 38400 using the P3 menu cured the problem.
Ray G3XLG