P3 Artifacts On The Waterfall Display

Jack
I have noticed that there are several white lines showing in the waterfall
display that do not move when I change frequency.  Some are fuzzy and some
are well defined narrow lines. All these lines are vertical and would appear
to be signals except that when I tune toward the signal they never change
their position on the display. Real signals  can be tuned into and the
waterfall shows their change to the center of the display.  It is really
noticeable on 10  20 and 50 but does not seem to be happening at all on 15
and 40. The rest of the bands have the problem to a lesser degree.

Any ideas?

Jack AE6GC

Re: P3 Artifacts On The Waterfall Display

Paul Saffren N6HZ
Hi Jack,

If you take a screen shot, do they show there?

73,

Paul

Re: P3 Artifacts On The Waterfall Display

Dave New, N8SBE
Do you have any transverters or other possible spurious noise sources
hooked up?

I noticed that once I hooked up my Elecraft 2 M and 70 cm transverters
that noticeable spurious lines started showing up.  I haven't had time
to try to chase it down, yet.

73,

-- Dave, N8SBE