P3 - Assembly question

k6dgw
Just got my P3 kit.  I notice that on the LCD screen, there is a faint
"E" enclosed in a square in the upper right corner.  It appears to be on
a film over the face of the LCD screen.  Do I remove the film and then
clean the display screen, or just leave it go?

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2011 Cal QSO Party 1-2 Oct 2011
- www.cqp.org

Re: P3 - Assembly question

k6dgw
On 9/8/2011 7:29 PM, Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:
> Hi Fred:
>
> The cover film is supposed to be removed before shipment because several
> builders confused it with the polarizing filter on the front of the display.
> Of course, removing the polarizing filter turns the display into a nice, big
> flat screen light.

Got it!  That's what I thought, but just wanted to check.  For anyone
else contemplating asking this question, you can tell it's the
protective film and not the filter because it is very thin, overlaps the
edge of the display, has an "E" in a square printed faintly on it, and
doesn't go completely down to the edges of the display.  You've probably
peeled one of these off your new smartphone ... I did.  Thanks Ron,