P3 Center Freq save per band

Gill W4RYW
I am not sure how to set the P3 center frequency in the fixed mode so that it stays put between band changes. I use the M keys + number to select bands. I can save all the band settings using V>M key. If I have a span of 20 Khz on the P3, set the center to say 14.30 Mhz, it will not stay saved. Switch band to 3965 Khz  and back and it will go to 14.35 Mhz - sometimes but not always.

Does the P3 "remember" settings along with K3??

Gill W4RYW

Re: P3 Center Freq save per band

Alan Bloom
The P3 does remember center frequency per band.  However, if you tune the
K3 VFO A to a frequency outside the old P3 display range, then the P3
center frequency is changed according to the rules specified by the
"FixMode" menu setting.  If you want the center frequency never to change
no matter what frequency the K3 is set to, then set MENU:FixMode to
"Static".

Alan N1AL

> I am not sure how to set the P3 center frequency in the fixed mode so that
> it
> stays put between band changes. I use the M keys + number to select bands.
> can save all the band settings using V>M key. If I have a span of 20 Khz
> on
> the P3, set the center to say 14.30 Mhz, it will not stay saved. Switch
> band
> to 3965 Khz  and back and it will go to 14.35 Mhz - sometimes but not
> always.
>
> Does the P3 "remember" settings along with K3??
>
> Gill W4RYW

Re: P3 Center Freq save per band

Gill W4RYW
Alan,

Thanks for the reply!  The static setting will not do what I was interested in. It sets the display for a fixed span and will not display the sigs beyond that setting, even if you tune outside the span.

I set my K3 memories for 7.030, 14.030, 21,030, etc. When I select the band, the K3 tunes to that freq but the P3 may center on 14.035 or 14.025 instead of 14.030. I like to tune down the band and see the next 20Khz display which would be 14.000 to 14.020 if the P3 went to 14.030 initially for the center freq. When it goes to 14.035, the next screen does not go to the band edge, it goes to 14.005- Kinda a nuisance for quickly seeing DX on 14.000 to 14.020 quickly.

I would think that the P3 would always go back to same center freq when K3 went there but it seems to go +/- 5Khz either way in a somewhat random manner. I am on ver 1.09 FW

Thanks anyway

73's
Gill