P3 - K3 - N1MM

k0wa@swbell.net

Just completed my P3 and have it up and running with the K3.  But....I cannot
control the rig through N1NN.  I have the P3 and the K3 hooked together with the
RS232 cable (a true one) and the computer ... AS PER THE INSTRUCTIONS.  I can't
get N1MM to see the K3.  Cannot find help in the instructions....

Anyone have an answer or do I have to not connect the P3 and the K3 together
with the RS232 cable.

Lee

 In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't
have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find any
Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is Common
Sense divine?

Common Sense is the image of the Creator expressing revealed truth in my mind.
-  John W. (Kansas)

Never interfere with anything that isn't bothering you.

Re: P3 - K3 - N1MM

k0wa@swbell.net

Got it....works now....cool device....wow!

________________________________
On May 26, 2012, at 12:59 PM, Lee Buller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Just completed my P3 and have it up and running with the K3.  But....I cannot
> control the rig through N1NN.  I have the P3 and the K3 hooked together with
>the
>
> RS232 cable (a true one) and the computer ... AS PER THE INSTRUCTIONS.  I can't
>
> get N1MM to see the K3.  Cannot find help in the instructions....
>
> Anyone have an answer or do I have to not connect the P3 and the K3 together
> with the RS232 cable.
>
> Lee
>

> In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't
>
> have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find
>any
>
> Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is Common

> Sense divine?
>
> Common Sense is the image of the Creator expressing revealed truth in my mind.

> -  John W. (Kansas)
>
> Never interfere with anything that isn't bothering you.

Re: P3 - K3 - N1MM

k6dgw
You need to make sure the port and data rate is set up in N1MM.
Computer <--> P3 <--> K3.  Should work just fine.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2012 Cal QSO Party 6-7 Oct 2012
- www.cqp.org

On 5/26/2012 9:59 AM, Lee Buller wrote:

> Just completed my P3 and have it up and running with the K3.  But....I cannot
> control the rig through N1NN.  I have the P3 and the K3 hooked together with the
> RS232 cable (a true one) and the computer ... AS PER THE INSTRUCTIONS.  I can't
> get N1MM to see the K3.  Cannot find help in the instructions....
>
> Anyone have an answer or do I have to not connect the P3 and the K3 together
> with the RS232 cable.

Re: P3 - K3 - N1MM

Nr4c
I am not certain, but I suspect you have made a very easy to fix error.  I
will assume that you have N1MM working with your K3 prior to adding the P3.
And you have the connected the computer to the computer port on the P3 with
the appropriate RS-232 cable/adapter.  If so, read on....

The P3 talks to the K3 at 38,400 baud, and I will guess you were using 9600
or maybe even 4800 before.  Reset the K3 baud rate to 38,400 and do the same
with N1MM, and you should be OK. The computer will usually automatically set
up to whatever baud rate some device tries to connect. I just checked, and I
can set my P3 to lower baud rates, but I suspect the response is better at
the recommended 38,400 baud.

Let me know....
[hidden email]

...bill  nr4c