P3 -- Linux utility does not see new firmware release

P3 -- Linux utility does not see new firmware release

Nate Bargmann
I've just downloaded the latest P3 utility for Linux, version
1.12.4.26, and find that it does not recognize that a newer version of
the P3 firmware is available.  From the log window:

07:20:37 Connecting to ftp.elecraft.com. Please be patient, this takes a
few seconds.
07:20:38 .
07:20:38 ..
07:20:38 p3fwnotes.rtf
07:20:39 beta
07:20:39 p3m0116.hex
07:20:39 p3f04_0102.bin
07:20:39 p3f03_0102.bin
07:20:39 p3f02_0102.bin
07:20:39 p3f01_0102.bin
07:20:39 p3f00_0102.bin
07:20:39 p3s0104.hex
07:20:39 Your folder has the most recent P3 firmware files from
Elecraft.
07:20:39 Send "#RVM;"
07:20:40 Response "#RVM01.09;"   65 msec
07:20:40 Ready

The local P3 firmware folder (directory!) contains:

$ ls -l P3/P3_Firmware/
total 1036
-rw-r--r-- 1 nate nate  63359 Sep 24  2011 p3fwnotes.rtf
-rw-r--r-- 1 nate nate 985182 Sep 24  2011 p3m0109.hex

I have a screenshot of the utlility if anyone is interested.

When I manually download the p3fwnotes.rtf and p3m0116.hex files to
/home/nate/P3/P3_Firmware/ and click the "Check Versions Now" button,
the updated FW is recognized and I get a window prompting to read the
release notes.  I can then read the notes and then update the firmware.
It seems to me that the utility is confusing the FTP file location with
the local folder when comparing the firmware versions.

73, de Nate, N0NB >>

possible worlds.  The pessimist fears this is true."