P3: No workee - almost fixed

Ralph Parker
Well, more-or-less fixed.
W4TV was the first to suggest setting all the RS-232 rates to 38400, and
now the communications problem is fixed. Hooray!!
Now to download the new firmware (it came with 1.13).

One last problem:
The IF display is off the bottom of the screen - I can only see the peaks
of the stronger signals (and not 7O6T).
I just did the IF output gain mod, and at one point the displayed spectrum
rose above the baseline, but it's gone back down again. I don't seem to be
able to find a setting that would change the 'vertical position' of the trace.
While adjusting the "SCALE", the trace pops up for a second or so, then
disappears back down again.

Tnx for all your help.

Ralph, VE7XF

Re: P3: No workee - almost fixed

rowland
Just to be sure; Did you try the Ref Lvl adjustment?

On 5/3/2012 3:50 PM, Ralph Parker wrote:

> Well, more-or-less fixed.
> W4TV was the first to suggest setting all the RS-232 rates to 38400, and
> now the communications problem is fixed. Hooray!!
> Now to download the new firmware (it came with 1.13).
>
> One last problem:
> The IF display is off the bottom of the screen - I can only see the peaks
> of the stronger signals (and not 7O6T).
> I just did the IF output gain mod, and at one point the displayed spectrum
> rose above the baseline, but it's gone back down again. I don't seem to be
> able to find a setting that would change the 'vertical position' of the trace.
> While adjusting the "SCALE", the trace pops up for a second or so, then
> disappears back down again.
>
> Tnx for all your help.
>
> Ralph, VE7XF

Rowland R Johnson