P3 Noise Gremlins

Peter Torry

too have had noise peaks pass from left to right across the screen of the
P3 leaving a diagonal waterfall trace.  First a small one, then one at +40 dB above the reference level then another small
one, all moving slowly across the screen. Nothing is heard on the K3 and occurs even when the P3 is disconnected from the K3 and is therefore internally generated.
I cured the noise
peaks by ensuring all the case connections were clean, the fixing screws reasonably tight and re
installed all of the ribbon and coax connectors.  The screws holding the
display to the front panel made the most difference as I was careful not
 to over tighten them originally !!

 I also have re radiation of 19kHz noise on 2m that still comes and
goes even though I have filtered the supply lead.

73

Peter
G3SMT