P3 SVGA Feature Request

KD3RF
It would be great if the VGA adapter showed tic marks and frequency across the top or bottom of the display screen every 10 kHz or so like in this mocked-up picture.

Mock-up

Scaling of the frequency display should change as bandwith is changed.  For example, if looking at full band, scaling would be a tic mark every 20 Khz.  If looking at a 50 kHz slice, scaling should be a tic mark every 2 kHz.

Could something like this be accomplished with a software patch??

de Andy, KD3RF

Re: P3 SVGA Feature Request

NK7Z
On Wed, 2016-06-15 at 12:02 -0700, KD3RF wrote:

> It would be great if the VGA adapter showed tic marks and frequency
> across
> the top or bottom of the display screen every 10 kHz or so like in
> this
> mocked-up picture.
>
> <http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/file/n7618877/Untitled.jpg
>
> Scaling of the frequency display should change as bandwith is
> changed.  For
> example, if looking at full band, scaling would be a tic mark every 20
> Khz.
> If looking at a 50 kHz slice, scaling should be a tic mark every 2
> kHz.
>
> Could something like this be accomplished with a software patch??
>
> de Andy, KD3RF

I would not mind that either, in fact, I would like to have some
vertical markings for frequency on the P3 itself as well...
--

73's, and thanks,
Dave (NK7Z)

Message delivered to [hidden email]