P3: SVGA adapter question

Stephen G4SJP
With the shortly to be released video output card for the P3, will it be
possible to have the external monitor and the P3's display showing
different things.  For example, could the external display show the
panadaptor output whilst the P3 shows, for example, PSK31 or RTTY data?

73, Stephen G4SJP

Re: P3: SVGA adapter question

Bruce Beford-2
I asked this same question (off list) a few weeks ago and was informed by
Al, N1AL that it probably would not be available in the initial firmware
release, but was a goal for a future update.

73,
Bruce, N1RX

> With the shortly to be released video output card for the P3, will it be
> possible to have the external monitor and the P3's display showing
> different things.  For example, could the external display show the
> panadaptor output whilst the P3 shows, for example, PSK31 or RTTY data?

> 73, Stephen G4SJP

Re: P3: SVGA adapter question

Stephen G4SJP
Thanks Bruce,

That's encouraging information.

73, Stephen

On 10 January 2012 11:17, Bruce Beford <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I asked this same question (off list) a few weeks ago and was informed by
> Al, N1AL that it probably would not be available in the initial firmware
> release, but was a goal for a future update.
>
> 73,
> Bruce, N1RX
>
> > With the shortly to be released video output card for the P3, will it be
> > possible to have the external monitor and the P3's display showing
> > different things.  For example, could the external display show the
> > panadaptor output whilst the P3 shows, for example, PSK31 or RTTY data?
>
> > 73, Stephen G4SJP

Re: P3: SVGA adapter question

Doug Turnbull
Dear OMs and Yls,
I agree this is most agreeable news.   Elecraft is continuing to improve
products and thus they have perhaps the most satisfied users in the
business.   There are more and more K3s in EU and I note the serial numbers
are climbing quickly.   We are a fortunate group to have this company.
Enough slobbering but "tis" the way I feel and the odd compliment to balance
complaints in life is not such a bad thing.

              73 Doug EI2CN