P3 SVGA no U shaped cursors

Mike K2MK
I just installed my SVGA card and noticed that the VFO cursors are always the green and magenta bar type even if U type is selected. If I select U type, it is U type on the P3 but still bar type on the large monitor. I would like to request that the cursor type on the large screen be the same as that selected on the P3. My firmware version is 1.12.

I was surprised at how long it took to load all of the software. I think I dozed off midway and it was still loading when I came to.

73,
Mike K2MK

Re: P3 SVGA no U shaped cursors

Jim Sheldon
Mike you beat me to this by only a couple minutes.  My monitor arrived and I've been beating on it to see what works and what doesn't.  It was disappointing to find that the U shaped cursors didn't come up on the big screen as the vertical bars are a bit overpowering there.  They work absolutely perfect on the small screen, but it would be nice to have them settable on the SVGA independently of the P3 itself if this is even possible.  That way one could select which was better for a given situation.

I picked up a 17" square flat screen off eBay with a 2 year warranty for $85 shipped.  It sits right next to my 20" wide screen that I use on the computer and help keep my eyes on the same plane when logging and looking for signals.  Super-super nice addition to the shack equipment.

Now, if only the KAT500 tuner were orderable, I'd have it in the queue as well!

Jim - W0EB

> I just installed my SVGA card and noticed that the VFO cursors are
> always the
> green and magenta bar type even if U type is selected. If I select
> U type,
> it is U type on the P3 but still bar type on the large monitor. I
> would like
> to request that the cursor type on the large screen be the same as
> that
> selected on the P3. My firmware version is 1.12.
>
> I was surprised at how long it took to load all of the software. I
> think I
> dozed off midway and it was still loading when I came to.
>
> 73,
> Mike K2MK

Re: P3 SVGA no U shaped cursors

Tom Azlin N4ZPT-2
I mentioned that a few days ago and on the list we were told that was to
be provided at a later update of the firmware. 73, tom n4zpt

On 3/23/2012 3:11 PM, Mike K2MK wrote:

> I just installed my SVGA card and noticed that the VFO cursors are always the
> green and magenta bar type even if U type is selected. If I select U type,
> it is U type on the P3 but still bar type on the large monitor. I would like
> to request that the cursor type on the large screen be the same as that
> selected on the P3. My firmware version is 1.12.
>
> I was surprised at how long it took to load all of the software. I think I
> dozed off midway and it was still loading when I came to.
>
> 73,
> Mike K2MK

Re: P3 SVGA no U shaped cursors

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
The 'U' style cursor option will be included in the next SVGA f/w release.

73,

Eric
---
www.elecraft.com