P3 SVGA

Ed Schuller
As noted by others, it went together very quickly. The only downside that I can
see is that it no longer is powered on and off by my K3. I built a small circuit
that is driven by the K3's external 12V output (that used to power the P3), that
now switches the power to the P3. Easy fix, but would have been nice to not need
the extra stuff. However, I will say that the large screen is pretty
cool....great resolution, and it's BIG!!!

73,
Ed - K6CTA

Re: P3 SVGA

Tom Azlin N4ZPT-2
Mine came yesterday. Is installed and working with power from a 1 amp
position on the station power strip. I am using one of my older displays
at 1024x768 and still very nice. Will swap in one of my other wide
displays later that has multiple inputs. Picture in Picture might be
nice here. Or might pick up an SVGA frame grabber and see if I can
stream the P3 video.

I think I would like to be able to switch the filter marker to the U
that I like on the main P3 display. Also seems that the display
calibration is off by about 5 dB from the main P3 display so need to go
read about calibration. result is that if the main P3 display is nice
looking  the waterfall on the external monitor looks too light as I can
not see signals I am copying just fine.

Otherwise very nice.

73, tom n4zpt

On 3/12/2012 9:36 PM, Ed Schuller wrote:

> As noted by others, it went together very quickly. The only downside that I can
> see is that it no longer is powered on and off by my K3. I built a small circuit
> that is driven by the K3's external 12V output (that used to power the P3), that
> now switches the power to the P3. Easy fix, but would have been nice to not need
> the extra stuff. However, I will say that the large screen is pretty
> cool....great resolution, and it's BIG!!!
>
> 73,
> Ed - K6CTA

Re: P3 SVGA

Bill Swindell - K1LED
Well, I installed my SVGA adapter. This brings a wuestion, how do I move the dividing line on the VGA display? On the display, the line is much higher that it is on the P3 display.

Re: P3 SVGA

Alan Bloom
On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 18:36 -0700, Bill Swindell - K1LED wrote:
> Well, I installed my SVGA adapter. This brings a wuestion, how do I move the
> dividing line on the VGA display? On the display, the line is much higher
> that it is on the P3 display.

You mean the line between the spectrum and waterfall windows?  The P3
"Waterfall" menu item that adjusts the height of the waterfall works for
both displays.  We'll probably make them separately adjustable in a
future firmware revision.

Alan N1AL

Re: P3 SVGA

Bill Swindell - K1LED
I just tried the adjustment. I am running 1024 x 768 and the dividing line is MUCH higher on my VGA dispaly than it is on the P3. Does this meant that I will have to wait for new code before I can make both displays look similar?

Re: P3 SVGA

Paul Saffren N6HZ
Hi Bill,

The SVGA hardware allows the waterfall height to be set much higher than what is available on the P3.  Until we have the ability to independently set the waterfall height on each display, we wanted customers to be able to take advantage of this feature.

73,

Paul

Re: P3 SVGA

Tom Azlin N4ZPT-2
Given the size of the two displays I was happy to see that the waterfall
area on the SVGA adapter was much larger. so OK as it or if separate
adjustments are available would set the SVGA adapter to more waterfall
than I like having the built in P3 display.

Have been busy on some ARES exercises but will get back to cataloging
the birdies I see.

73, tom n4zpt