P3 SVGA

Jim Sheldon
UPS showed up 20 minutes ago with my new P3SVGA board.  Took about 15 minutes to install it.  The power supply I use for the station has some AUX terminals on the back that are good for 5 amps so it was really easy to hook the new power cord supplied with the SVGA unit to those terminals.  Now, when I switch the power supply on, the P3 comes up and waits for the K3 to be powered up.  A little clunky, but once the mod is available to make the K3 supply a bit more current, I'll do that and then everything will be back to normal again.

I have to wait til Friday to hook up the monitor as it's in transit from a supplier on the East Coast and UPS says it will be delivered on Friday the 23rd.

Still a heck of a lot of room in the box for other stuff!

Will be glad when they get the new F/W done so I can use an external keyboard with it for the DATA modes.  That will make it a lot easier to demo at hamfests even though I really have fun sending CW on the paddles and working PSK or RTTY.   Certainly turns a few heads, but those newer hams that haven't any CW skills get turned off by that, so the KB sure will make a better demo.

Jim - W0EB

Re: P3 SVGA

vk4tux
To: Elecraft Mailing List <[hidden email]>

"UPS showed up 20 minutes ago with my new P3SVGA board.  Took about 15
minutes to install it.  The power supply I use for the station has some AUX
terminals on the back that are good for 5 amps so it was really easy to hook
the new power cord supplied with the SVGA unit to those terminals.  Now,
when I switch the power supply on, the P3 comes up and waits for the K3 to
be powered up.  A little clunky, but once the mod is available to make the
K3 supply a bit more current, I'll do that and then everything will be back
to normal again."

If you are like a few of us that run the K3 at ~15v, you will find no mod is
necessary, and the P3SVGA runs happy all day
Long from the K3 with no mod. That is my experience.
My k3 runs at a custom HD cable/PS setup, K3 display shows 15.2v unkeyed and
14.8v keyed @ 110w. IM3 -36dB

Adrian ... vk4tux