P3 SVGA

Phil LaMarche-2
Just purchased a Samsung 21.5 HDTV with a VGA connection for the computer.
Waiting on the SVGA.  Please, what cable do you recommend so I can purchase
one before it comes?  Make and model number if able.

Phil

Philip LaMarche

727-944-3226

727-510-5038 Cell

  <http://www.w9dvm.com/> www.w9dvm.com

 <http://WWW.FLAMGROUP.COM> WWW.FLAMGROUP.COM

K3 # 1605

KPA500 # 029

P3 #1480

 CCA 98-00827

CRA 1701

W9DVM

P3 SVGA

vk4tux
ViewSonic VX2250WM-Led  22" widescreen 1920x1080p   works beautifully with
amazing detail 1920 x 1080. 3yr warranty too.

Adrian ... vk4tux

Re: P3 SVGA

vk4tux
Sorry Phil, my bad, however a good one will have ferrite moulds built on the
cable for suppression etc of course.

Adrian ... vk4tux

Re: P3 SVGA

Jim Brown-10
On 3/29/2012 2:11 PM, Adrian wrote:
> Sorry Phil, my bad, however a good one will have ferrite moulds built on the
> cable for suppression etc of course.

Not really. All that ferrite does is get the mfr under the VHF/UHF
limits EMI test lab. It does NOTHING for RF interference below about 100
MHz.  It takes lots of turns through #31 or #43 to make a dent on the HF
bands.

73, Jim Brown K9YC

Re: P3 SVGA

Mike K2MK
Hi Phil,

Any SVGA cable will do. Here are typical links if you plan to buy online. Male to Male, HD-15 (15 pins). The links are for 6 feet long but 3 feet long is also available.

http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Go-28011-Monitor-Ferrites/dp/B0002J28N6/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1333056367&sr=1-1

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10201&cs_id=1020102&p_id=85&seq=1&format=1#largeimage

http://www.cablewholesale.com/specs/svga-cable/10h1-11106.htm

73,
Mike K2MK

Phil LaMarche-2 wrote
Just purchased a Samsung 21.5 HDTV with a VGA connection for the computer.
Waiting on the SVGA.  Please, what cable do you recommend so I can purchase
one before it comes?  Make and model number if able.

Phil

Re: P3 SVGA

Bill K9YEQ
Sit in my shack with all the PC equipment, supplies and monitors running...
what a noisy mess.  When we had a major power outage and I was on my backup
battery the noise floor was so low I had to adjust the ref level on the P3.
Gives one great cause to pack up and go portable.  Great reason for one of
the Elecraft portables, esp. my FT #12 KX3.  Now to get the time to get out
of here.

73,
Bill
K9YEQ

> Sorry Phil, my bad, however a good one will have ferrite molds built
> on the cable for suppression etc. of course.

Not really. All that ferrite does is get the mfr under the VHF/UHF limits
EMI test lab. It does NOTHING for RF interference below about 100 MHz  It
takes lots of turns through #31 or #43 to make a dent on the HF bands.

73, Jim Brown K9YC

Re: P3 SVGA

Bill Frantz
I've found that noise canceling headphones help reduce the
sounds of refrigerators, dishwashers etc. in my shack. That
won't help with RF noise of course.

Cheers - Bill, AE6JV

On 3/29/12 at 15:13, [hidden email] (Bill K9YEQ) wrote:

>Sit in my shack with all the PC equipment, supplies and monitors running...
>what a noisy mess.  When we had a major power outage and I was on my backup
>battery the noise floor was so low I had to adjust the ref level on the P3.
>Gives one great cause to pack up and go portable.  Great reason for one of
>the Elecraft portables, esp. my FT #12 KX3.  Now to get the time to get out
>of here.

Re: P3 SVGA

Bill K9YEQ
Rf noise is what I am referring to, Bill.  I can always shut off audio noise
in many ways.  :-)

73,
Bill
K9YEQ

I've found that noise canceling headphones help reduce the sounds of
refrigerators, dishwashers etc. in my shack. That won't help with RF noise
of course.

Cheers - Bill, AE6JV

On 3/29/12 at 15:13, [hidden email] (Bill K9YEQ) wrote:

>Sit in my shack with all the PC equipment, supplies and monitors running...
>what a noisy mess.  When we had a major power outage and I was on my
>backup battery the noise floor was so low I had to adjust the ref level on
the P3.
>Gives one great cause to pack up and go portable.  Great reason for one
>of the Elecraft portables, esp. my FT #12 KX3.  Now to get the time to
>get out of here.

W2 PTT

'DGB'
I just put together a new W2. I'm finding that the Remote PTT Control
isn't working. I have the line for the ptt to the amp from the rig
broken and plugged into the two ptt ry rca jacks. Text says it should
break that line or the ptt when you encounter high swr but it don't. In
the configuration utility I have alarm turned on. What am I overlooking?

73 Dwight NS9I

Re: W2 PTT

Brian Broggie-2
Hi, Dwight!

When you power up the W2 and you see the LED's do their test routine,
the relay for the PTT jacks is also exercised.  You could use an ohm
meter to measure continuity between the center conductors of the two RCA
jacks and verify they lose it during power up.  Also listen for two
cycles of open/closed relay clicking.  If none of this is happening,
there may be a problem with the W2 main PCB.

Brian, W6FVI

On 3/29/2012 4:22 PM, DGB wrote:

> I just put together a new W2. I'm finding that the Remote PTT Control
> isn't working. I have the line for the ptt to the amp from the rig
> broken and plugged into the two ptt ry rca jacks. Text says it should
> break that line or the ptt when you encounter high swr but it don't. In
> the configuration utility I have alarm turned on. What am I overlooking?
>
> 73 Dwight NS9I

Re: W2 PTT

'DGB'
I do hr the relays cycling upon pwr up, will ck continuity tomorrow.

thanks 73 Dwight NS9I

On 3/29/2012 7:32 PM, Brian & Cyndi wrote:

> Hi, Dwight!
>
> When you power up the W2 and you see the LED's do their test routine,
> the relay for the PTT jacks is also exercised.  You could use an ohm
> meter to measure continuity between the center conductors of the two RCA
> jacks and verify they lose it during power up.  Also listen for two
> cycles of open/closed relay clicking.  If none of this is happening,
> there may be a problem with the W2 main PCB.
>
> Brian, W6FVI
>

> On 3/29/2012 4:22 PM, DGB wrote:
>> I just put together a new W2. I'm finding that the Remote PTT Control
>> isn't working. I have the line for the ptt to the amp from the rig
>> broken and plugged into the two ptt ry rca jacks. Text says it should
>> break that line or the ptt when you encounter high swr but it don't. In
>> the configuration utility I have alarm turned on. What am I overlooking?
>>
>> 73 Dwight NS9I
>> Post: mailto:[hidden email]

Re: W2 PTT

'DGB'

Hi Brian ... did the test and they do lose continuity during power up as
the relay is clicking.

The instructions say that the command 'a' from the W2 Utility turns it
on and off which the echos say it
is with a0 and a1.

I have the ptt line that normal goes direct from the MKII to the amp
split at the W2. I intentionally transmit into an ant that gives a very
high swr and it won't break like it's supposed to.

Any other ideas?

thanks 73 Dwight NS9I

On 3/29/2012 7:32 PM, Brian&  Cyndi wrote:

>  Hi, Dwight!
>
>  When you power up the W2 and you see the LED's do their test routine,
>  the relay for the PTT jacks is also exercised.  You could use an ohm
>  meter to measure continuity between the center conductors of the two RCA
>  jacks and verify they lose it during power up.  Also listen for two
>  cycles of open/closed relay clicking.  If none of this is happening,
>  there may be a problem with the W2 main PCB.
>
>  Brian, W6FVI
>

>  On 3/29/2012 4:22 PM, DGB wrote:
>>  I just put together a new W2. I'm finding that the Remote PTT Control
>>  isn't working. I have the line for the ptt to the amp from the rig
>>  broken and plugged into the two ptt ry rca jacks. Text says it should
>>  break that line or the ptt when you encounter high swr but it don't. In
>>  the configuration utility I have alarm turned on. What am I overlooking?
>>
>>  73 Dwight NS9I
>>  Post: mailto:[hidden email]
>>
>>  This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
>>  Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html

>  Post: mailto:[hidden email]
>
>  This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
>  Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html

Re: W2 PTT

Brian Broggie-2
Use the W2 Utility to send the "[" and "]" commands.  These characters
adjust the SWR Trip Point for the W2 alarm.  I am guessing this value
needs a slight adjustment to work.  Note when you send the "[" and "]"
characters, the number returned is the SWR trip value with an implied
decimal, i.e. you see 30, means an SWR of 3.0:1 will trip the alarm and
open the PTT line.

Brian, W6FVI