P3 Span Control

W7CS
Hi Guys & Gals,

I can't resist inserting a bit of self depreciating humor.

For those of you who were familiar with and used the Collins A series
receivers, you may also recall the Chrysler Automobile "lug
nuts".  These had to be turned clockwise to loosen them, counter to
most other manufactures' convention.

Late one night along CA I-5, half way to almost nowhere, I had a flat
tire on my homemade (not by me) trailer that I was pulling.  Grabbing
my truck size cross handled lug wrench, out of my tool box (we all
carried well stocked ones then), I put it to the trailer's flat
tire's lug nuts.  Try as I might, even by jumping on the wrench's
handle, I couldn't get more than an occasional squeak from the lug
nuts, while trying to turn them in a counter clockwise direction to
loosen them.

Finally while resting a bit between yanks, I happened to remember
that someone once mentioned that Chrysler's lug nuts were left hand
threaded.   Reversing my efforts to clockwise, the nuts came right
off without much strain.  I was lucky that I hadn't twisted off one
or more of the wheel studs.  A tribute to American made steel and studs.

Sometimes we have to be young enough, at least in mind, to re-conform.

73,  Chuck,  W7CS