P3 Suggestion...

n0nuf
Just a quick suggestion that may have already been covered...

On the P3, it appears by default that the SELECT knob has no use
unless you are in a menu. How about giving it a 'cursor' so when it is
turned the user can place the cursor on a signal on the screen and
press the SELECT knob to QSY the K3 directly to that frequency?

I also use NaP3 software on my computer just to have this
functionality. Would be nice if it was native to the P3.

I don't have time to read all the digests that show up in my inbox, so
if this has already been done and you can tell me how to do it, please
send email to my address.

Thanks,
Scott - n0nuf

Re: P3 Suggestion...

Alan Bloom
On Mon, 2012-06-25 at 21:12 -0500, Scott Graham wrote:
> On the P3, it appears by default that the SELECT knob has no use
> unless you are in a menu. How about giving it a 'cursor' so when it is
> turned the user can place the cursor on a signal on the screen and
> press the SELECT knob to QSY the K3 directly to that frequency?

It does that when the VFO A marker is selected (by tapping the MKR A
button).  If you select some other function that requires the knob then
when you un-select it, the knob reverts to MKR A again automatically.

Alan N1AL