P3 TX monitoring

Gary Gregory
*I know it does not do this, however, I noticed today that it started to
monitor transmitted audio for two overs.

The interesting thing is I had not touched any cables, not turned the K3/P3
off nor did I do anything before, during or after the appearance of
transmitted audio. I have previously done the test with the cable
disconnected and seen the audio out for a single over.

I also noticed it appeared to be very accurate.

Anyone else seen this?

It has not done this since...dang!

Gary
*
--
Gary
VK4FD - Motorhome Mobile

Re: P3 TX monitoring

Harold V
I discovered this by accident a couple of weeks ago.

It does not involve removing any cables, reprogramming or anything like that.
It's all done with the freeze function of the P3 display and the P3 Utility
program version 1.3.8.25.

I sent this information to a friend of mine who also has a K3/P3 and it works
for him.

I have only done this with SSB so I don't know if it works in other modes.

Be sure you are using PTT because once you stop transmitting the P3 reverts to
normal operation

Before you try this you must assign the freeze function to a function button on
the P3.

Then, the exact steps are as follows:

1. turn on the K3, P3 and your computer
2. make sure the computer is connected to the P3 and the P3 to the K3
3. start the P3 utility program and select the capture image TAB
4. press the function button you assigned to freeze the P3 display
5. press the capture image BUTTON in the P3 Utility program
6. WAIT until the image is captured and the capture image button regains focus
7. press and HOLD your PTT switch on the K3
8. press the function button on the P3 to unfreeze the display
9. your transmitted signal should display real time on the P3 until you release
the PTT

This works every time for me.  I sent an email to info at Elecraft about a week
ago asking if they could figure this out and incorporate it into the normal
operation of the P3 but have not yet received a reply.

It will sometimes work simply by freezing the P3 display, hitting the PTT and
then unfreezing the P3 display but it will consistently work for me by following
the steps shown above.

Try it and see if it works for you.

Van
K0HCV