P3 current usage

Oscar, WB5GCX
I occasionally take my K3 portable and operate on 12v battery power (no
computer or monitor).  I was also planning to sometimes take my P3.  After
I install my P3SVGA board, will my P3 battery current usage go up at all
times, or can the P3SVGA be disabled/turned off, so the P3 has only the
older, more modest current draw when I'm portable?

thanks,
Oscar, WB5GCX

Re: P3 current usage

Alan Bloom
You can disable the SVGA display with a menu selection, but it makes
only a very small difference in the current consumption.  On mine, the
total P3 current goes from about 590 mA to about 580 mA.  (That's with a
13.8V supply.  The current is higher with a lower supply voltage.)

A modification kit is planned for the K3 that will increase the current
available from the 12VDC OUT jack.

Alan N1AL