P3 cursor position

VE3WDM

Good morning all, this morning turned on the K3, P3 and ext monitor and noticed the frequency cursor was outside the green bandwidth indicator. I tried to normalize, move the shift and width on the K3 but the cursor still stayed on the outside of the green bandwidth indicator. I then shut everything down and restarted now the cursor is within the green bandwidth but to the far right side?? Not sure if I mucked around with settings and did this or if there is an easy explanation as to why this is happening.
Mike
VE3WDM

Re: P3 cursor position

Joe Subich, W4TV-4

>> Good morning all, this morning turned on the K3, P3 and ext monitor
>> and noticed the frequency cursor was outside the green bandwidth
>> indicator. I tried to normalize, move the shift and width on the K3
>> but the cursor still stayed on the outside of the green bandwidth
>> indicator. I then shut everything down and restarted now the cursor
>> is within the green bandwidth but to the far right side?? Not sure
>> if I mucked around with settings and did this or if there is an
>> easy explanation as to why this is happening.

Sure, when you are in USB/LSB or DATA A the "cursor" indicates dial
(suppressed carrier) frequency while the "bandwidth area" represents
the audio passband.   If you have your passband defined with LO=1000
and HI=3000 (for example) the "cursor" will be 1 KHz outside the
"bandwidth" area.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

On 4/23/2012 9:04 AM, Mike Weir wrote:

> Good morning all, this morning turned on the K3, P3 and ext monitor and noticed the frequency cursor was outside the green bandwidth indicator. I tried to normalize, move the shift and width on the K3 but the cursor still stayed on the outside of the green bandwidth indicator. I then shut everything down and restarted now the cursor is within the green bandwidth but to the far right side?? Not sure if I mucked around with settings and did this or if there is an easy explanation as to why this is happening.
> Mike
> VE3WDM

Re: P3 cursor position

VE3WDM
Good afternoon Joe, Thanks for taking the time to post an answer. That was the odd thing the rig was in CW and not USB LSB or DATA. After reading your post I just paced the K3 through the different modes from USB down to DATA and back. After doing that all was good.
Thanks for the feedback
Mike
VE3WDM