P3 formware update problem

Hunsdon Cary III
I'm trying to update the firmware on my P3.  I've downloaded the P3 Utility from Elecraft but every time I try to update it I get this message:
"File not found: P3fwnotes.RTF"   Where can I find this missing file?
Thanks in advance for any help!
73,
Cary, K4TM

H. Cary III
[hidden email]

Re: P3 formware update problem

Dick Dievendorff
This file should be installed when you copy firmware files from Elecraft from the firmware tab. It is the firmware release notes file, and resides in the same folder as the firmware file. See if there is a copy in ftp://ftp.elecraft.com/P3/firmware.  That's where the P3 Utility goes to fetch it. If you have copied beta firmware, an updated firmware release notes file should be in the same place. This is needed only for the help menu firmware release notes display function.

Dick, K6KR