P3 freezes up

VE3NFK
Hi

My P3 - (which has worked fine since I built it) has now decided to 'freeze-up' for no reason...
just listening to AM station and noticed display is 'frozen'  pwr on/off fixes it.

Any ideas please and thank you?

73 John VE3NFK

PS connected direct to K3

Re: P3 freezes up

VE3NFK
Does anyone have any info here - or do I need to bother Elecraft support (while they are busy trying to get out the KX3 and hopefully the KAT500)

thanks
73  John VE3NFK

Re: P3 freezes up

Don Wilhelm-4
John,

Do you have the latest K3 and P3 firmware?  If not, update it.
Do you have anything else going on for the serial port such as LP-Bridge
and NaP3?  If so, download and use the latest versions.

If you have updated the levels and still have the problem, yes it is
time to contact Elecraft support.

On 3/30/2012 8:41 PM, VE3NFK wrote:
> Does anyone have any info here - or do I need to bother Elecraft support
> (while they are busy trying to get out the KX3 and hopefully the KAT500)
>
> thanks
> 73  John VE3NFK

Re: P3 freezes up

tomb18
I had thee same thing happen to me. The display froze when I coughed into the mike and it transmitted for a split second.  It never came back.  Shutting off the monitor did nothing.Changing the resolution fixed the issue.