P3 with K2

Jim N7US
A friend has a K2 and he asked me what's required to use a P3 with it.  I
didn't find the info on the Elecraft website.  Any suggestions on where to
look?  Thanks.

73, Jim N7US

Re: P3 with K2

Bob-270
Hi Jim,

              Look here:

http://www.cliftonlaboratories.com/k2_interface.htm

               The interface and kit he offered was originally for use with a
Softrock but all you need is the IF out to feed the P3 so should also work well
with it.  I used it and was very happy with an LP-Pan kit. There is one resistor
to set the gain of the buffer amp and that may have to be played with.

73,
Bob
K2TK ex KN2TKR (1956) & k2TKR

K2 with LP-Pan
K3 with P3

On 3/28/2012 4:55 PM, Jim N7US wrote:
> A friend has a K2 and he asked me what's required to use a P3 with it.  I
> didn't find the info on the Elecraft website.  Any suggestions on where to
> look?  Thanks.
>

> 73, Jim N7US

Re: P3 with K2

Jim,

You will need to provide an IF output.  Jack Smith of Clifton Labs
http://www.cliftonlaboratories.com/current_products.htm has the Z10000B
Buffer Amplifier that is optimized for the K2.

The P3 is not as tightly integrated with the K2 as it is with the K3,
but you do get a panadaptor display as well as some additional
communications between the two.