P3SVGA problem immediately upon installation

P3SVGA problem immediately upon installation

Phil Westover

I installed my P3SVGA today, and am observing a problem:

Original state (pre-P3 SVGA install)

K3 Firmware:  MCU 4.25, DSP 2.71, FPF 1.14  (IF level mod was installed at the time I received my P3, about a year ago)

P3 Firmware: MCU 1.09

Prior to installing the P3SVGA, the system worked according to specs.

Current state (post-P3SVGA install)

K3 Firmware:  No changes

P3 Firmware:  MCU  1.12

The K3 shows normal expected S-unit levels.

In order to show background noise on the P3, I have to adjust the reference level very low.  My guess is that it is showing at about -9 S-units.  Local AM radio station shows on K3 as  S-9 +40 dB ; P3 shows it at S4.  This is on both the P3 display and the flat panel display.  They are "talking" to each other OK; it's just the levels that are extremely attenuated.

Any ideas?

73,

Phil Westover, WA7URV

Re: P3SVGA problem immediately upon installation

Paul Saffren N6HZ
Hi Phil,

Have you checked all the connections, IF cable and the little RG-174 cable internal to the P3?

73,

Paul