P3SVGA signal as a separate window with VGA2USB?

P3SVGA signal as a separate window with VGA2USB?

Jan, SM5FQQ
Is it possible to use a VGA2USB device ,external frame grabber, connected to your computer and to show the P3-signal as separate window on your monitor?
See http://www.vgacapture.com/

If it is possible does anyone know of a software to use to generate the separate window?

73 de Jan SM5FQQ
Http://qrz.com/db/SM5FQQ
Elecraft K3 #2054, Butternut HF9V

Re: P3SVGA signal as a separate window with VGA2USB?

M0XDF
That's interesting, especially for use with my Mac. I've asked the vendor the question.
I would think using the higher ratio grabber would probably be required.
73 de M0XDF (K3 #174, P3 #108, KX3 #???)
--
Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft and the only one
that can be mass produced with unskilled labour.

On 19 Dec 2011, at 12:05, Jan, SM5FQQ wrote:

> Is it possible to use a VGA2USB device ,external frame grabber, connected to
> your computer and to show the P3-signal as separate window on your monitor?
> See http://www.vgacapture.com/
>
> If it is possible does anyone know of a software to use to generate the
> separate window?

Re: P3SVGA signal as a separate window with VGA2USB?

Jan, SM5FQQ
I found this new card, PCI-express, from AVerMedia, Game Broadcaster HD.
See http://www.avermedia-usa.com/AVerTV/Upload/ProductImages/C127+Datasheet1202.pdf

"They have stated US availability as late December 2011/January 2012 and the unofficial pricing is $170."

It also perhaps opens for a possibility to broadcast the signal on Internet? To give friend an opportunity to watch his transmitted signal!

73 de Jan SM5FQQ
Elecraft K3 #2054, Butternut HF9V

Re: P3SVGA signal as a separate window with VGA2USB?

Tom Azlin N4ZPT-2
Now that is an interesting idea Jan. I would indeed be interested in
streaming the P3 video as there are times several of us in training nets
are  trying to describe to another ham how their signal looks. As it is
I take photos, download them and email after the fact.

Would have to work work the rest of the broadcast part as have never
sent out video.

73, tom n4zpt

[snip]