P3SVGA

vk4tux
Received mine today, I believe the first to hit VK. I gave the P3 a bit of a
service whilst fitting the kit.

It's surprising how much fine dust gets between the perplex cover and
screen, and I removed that cover to clean.

The i/o card to P3SVGA pin connection was very tight, but went together with
patience.

Pics (Using a 24"ASUS new HD monitor);

http://s1163.photobucket.com/albums/q552/vk4tux/?action=view
<http://s1163.photobucket.com/albums/q552/vk4tux/?action=view&current=vk4tux
_shack.jpg%23!oZZ4QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1163.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq
552%2Fvk4tux%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DP3SVGA_24inch_ASUS_Monitor.jpg>
&current=vk4tux_shack.jpg#!oZZ4QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1163.photobucket.com
%2Falbums%2Fq552%2Fvk4tux%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DP3SVGA_24inch_ASUS_
Monitor.jpg

You can use the next/previous button to scroll through 4 pics. Shows the
monitor switch I use to switch between P3 and Laptop 2nd monitor inputs etc.

Thanks Elecraft, good deal.

I also have a 6k as new K3 AM filter for sale in new original box with new
fixing screw in sealed envelope, my email good on qrz.com.

$125 aud includes postage anywhere worldwide, paid paypal.

Adrian . vk4tux

[Elecraft_K3] P3SVGA

vk4tux
After getting my viewsonic 22" HDMI monitor back after having it fixed under
warranty I decided to put it back in service just for the P3 and leave the
ASUS to the laptop extra screen without any vga switching required and
having it all at once.

I must say the 1920 x 1080 res on the viewsonic was far superior to the ASUS
24" 1080p, and it seemed to support the P3SGA very well.

Some pics it took on an au server now.;

http://www.freespace.com.au/imagehosting/images/ccx8w9ls3mriezrkhe28.jpg

http://www.freespace.com.au/imagehosting/images/p8gs43d0ll68p3i5blrj.jpg

http://www.freespace.com.au/imagehosting/images/5t98og5412uhudlwzeb5.jpg

20m is very quiet here, but the detail on the big screen showing a little
qrn spaced from the next door solar invertor etc was excellent.

Adrian . vk4tux

Re: [Elecraft_K3] P3SVGA

vk4tux

Re: [Elecraft_K3] P3SVGA

vk4tux
One big advantage I see with the P3SGA monitor besides the obvious, is to have a 2 minute history trail in the waterfall.

I have timed it to exactly 2 minutes, and is about 4 times the history you see on the P3 direct.

Handy if you just came back into the shack with a coffee etc.

Looking forward to "(Requires upcoming new release of P3SVGA firmware)" for mcu 1.13.

Adrian ... vk4tux