P3VGA drops signal level when I qsy

mike
Just installed P3VGA and the latest 1.13 FW. When I qsy using K3 tuning knob or set the A marker on the P3 to a new frequency and tap the knob to qsy the signal level flattens out to nearly zero and then returns to the correct level. Anyone else having this problem? The screen image on the P3 does not do this, only the large display.

..mike AI6II

Re: P3VGA drops signal level when I qsy

Mike K2MK
Hi Mike,

What is the external monitor resolution? Does it do it in both Tracking mode and Fixed Tune mode? Does it do it for narrow and wide spans? Have you turned off any PC programs that might be sharing VFO information?

73,
Mike K2MK

ai6ii wrote
Just installed P3VGA and the latest 1.13 FW. When I qsy using K3 tuning knob or set the A marker on the P3 to a new frequency and tap the knob to qsy the signal level flattens out to nearly zero and then returns to the correct level. Anyone else having this problem? The screen image on the P3 does not do this, only the large display.

..mike AI6II

Re: P3VGA drops signal level when I qsy

Greg - AB7R
This is a known issue and only presents itself when in fixed mode.  In
tracking mode it does not do it.  Note...I am not near my rig right
now so it may be the other way around :).  I think Paul said this
should be addressed on the next update.

73
Greg
AB7R

On 4/4/12, Mike K2MK <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> What is the external monitor resolution? Does it do it in both Tracking mode
> and Fixed Tune mode? Does it do it for narrow and wide spans? Have you
> turned off any PC programs that might be sharing VFO information?
>
> 73,
> Mike K2MK
>

> ai6ii wrote
>>
>> Just installed P3VGA and the latest 1.13 FW. When I qsy using K3 tuning
>> knob or set the A marker on the P3 to a new frequency and tap the knob to
>> qsy the signal level flattens out to nearly zero and then returns to the
>> correct level. Anyone else having this problem? The screen image on the P3
>> does not do this, only the large display.
>>
>> ..mike AI6II

Re: P3VGA drops signal level when I qsy

mike
I am using fixed mode. I will switch modes when I get home and check it out. Sounds like the issue I am having.

Thanks  ..mike AI6II

Re: P3VGA drops signal level when I qsy

Vic Rosenthal
In tracking mode, it happens when you tune either VFO A or B. In fixed mode, it only seems
to occur when you move VFO B.

At least this is my experience. But Elecraft is aware of it and I'm sure it will get fixed.

--
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA